Skills for Work apprenticeship funding (while funds last)

18 September 2017

Skills for Work is part of Bradford Council and is a training provider that delivers apprenticeship programmes and assists employers with apprenticeship recruitment.

You may be aware that the way apprenticeships are funded has recently changed and availability of funded courses is due to change from 01/01/2018. Skills for Work currently still has funding and this will be available on a ‘first come first served’ basis until the end of December 2017.

You may choose to recruit a new apprentice or your existing staff can undertake apprenticeships to gain new skills and support them in their job role.

Funding available

For employers with fewer than 50 employees:

  • If your apprentice is 16-18 year old this will be 100% funded by the government and you will also receive a £1000 incentive payment*.
  • If your apprentice is aged 19+ you will be required to co-invest 10% and will benefit from government funding to cover the remaining 90% of the cost.

For employers with 50+ staff and wage bill under £3m:

  • Funding is available for anyone aged 16+
  • You will need to co invest 10% of the cost of training and will benefit from government funding to cover the remaining 90% of the cost.
  • If the apprentice is aged 16-18 you will also receive a £1000 incentive payment*.

*The 16-18 incentive payments will be paid equally after 3 months and 12 months and are per learner.

Apprenticeship programmes on offer

Skills for Work deliver the following apprenticeship programmes:

  • Business Admin L2&3 framework
  • Customer Service L2&3 framework
  • Health & Social Care L2&3 framework
  • Cleaning L2&3 framework
  • Team Leading L2 framework
  • Management L3 framework
  • Adult Social Care L2&3 Standard
  • Team Leader/Supervisor L3 Standard
  • Customer Service Practitioner L2 Standard
  • Public Service Operational Delivery Officer L3 Standard

Interested?

If you have any opportunities that may suit an apprentice, or have any staff that would like to take advantage whilst this is available, please contact Nick Betteridge, Employment Advisor, on 01274 437330 or 07582 100671 or write to Family Learning & Adult Skills Service, Skills for Work, Appleton House, 130 Barkerend Road, Bradford, BD3 9BD.

Bradford Council - Department of Children's Services - Aiming High for Children

News filter

Please use the search box below to refine our news search.

Type of news

Reset